STATE OF ALABAMA
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE
CIVIL-LAW NOTARIES DIVISION
TABLE OF CONTENTS
820-6-4-.01 Form And Content Of Authentic Acts
820-6-4-.01 Form And Content Of Authentic Acts. Each authentic act shall contain:
(1) The handwritten signature and original seal of the Alabama Civil-law Notary.
(2) The typewritten full name of the Alabama Civil-law Notary in the form in which the notary’s application for appointment was originally submitted to the Office of the Secretary of State and the words "Alabama Civil-law Notary" typewritten in the English language.
(3) The current business address and telephone number of the Alabama Civil-law Notary typewritten in the English language.
(4) A statement typewritten in the English language that "Under the laws of the State of Alabama, Act No. 99-449, this authentic act is legally equivalent to the authentic acts of civil-law notaries in all jurisdictions outside the geographic borders of the United States and is issued on the authority of the Alabama Secretary of State."
(5) The date on which the authentic act was signed and sealed by the Alabama Civil-law Notary and the signatures of the parties to the transaction.
(6) All words or statements required to appear in the English language may also appear in any other language.
(7) An authentic act may also contain such other information or material as may be required to satisfy any legal requirements, or to satisfy ethical or legal concerns, or the business needs of the parties to the transaction or of the Alabama Civil-law Notary including statements attesting to the signatures on accompanying documents if executed in the Alabama Civil-law Notary’s presence, and any witnessing signatures; a statement confirming the legality of the transaction and the contents of any documents and any limitations thereon; any facts contained in the documents or relied on by any interested party and any limitations thereon.
Author: Charles E. Grainger, Jr.
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§36-20-50, et seq.
History: New Rule: Filed January 10, 2001; effective February 14, 2001.
Ed. Note: Formerly 820-X-12-.06, as per certification filed January 10, 2001; effective February 14, 2001.